Tuesday, May 1, 2018

BaBa Blooms

My plants are Blooming.


They want to go outside but we need to have our  last May snow. Its still to cold here at night to put them outside. 

This plant is also planted in my Mom's front yard, where they have thrived in the humidity. However they will grow anywhere, even out of a plastic bag on the floor. Where they started to grow before even planting them. Those bulbs are all from a plant my Great Grandmother grown (we called her BaBa). She would plant them in the ground each summer and pot them each winter. I would really like to know why she did this? I guess my mom kind of inherited the plant, well really she actually probably saved it from the trash or a slow death from a Pennsylvania winter. 

Even when I lived over seas as a teen my Mom had a good friend take care of her Grandma's plant for over 3 years. It was still alive when she returned and it was returned to her. It was another ten plus years before it was removed from its pot. Now it grows so large outside year round it needs to be trimmed.and my Mom has planted many of them. This year I will separate the ones with multiple bulbs and do some repotting. I look forward to Spring. 


Happy May. 

1 comment: